Wednesday 19 June 2019

CYAL 2018: What's going on?

Hello everyone! It's been 8 MONTHS since the CYAL 2018 program! I do apologize for my shortcomings. Miyaneeee...

So, not like my 2 previous posts which using Indonesian to storytelling, I decide to use English in this one. Why? So it can be read massively by everyone! Hehe..

***

ON THE WAY TO HOSTEL

I still remember clearly, I was the only one who arrived in Terminal 2 (if I am not mistaken), differently from the other delegates. One of the team of UKM had already been waiting me, sorry I forget his name, but he was a very nice guy. He said I was like a VIP guess who must be picked up alone. After that, he showed me a card counter since I truly needed an internet due to my inactivation card in foreign country (I forgot to turn it for international mode). The card was in affordable price, so no need to worry. I entered a car, and there was a man in his late 40's who drove me to Puri Pujangga, my hostel during the program. I had an enjoyable trip, because we talked a lot! Started from the newest prime minister of Malaysia, the meaning of Malaysia's car's plate number, to Siti Nurhaliza. Not forgetting Malaysia's prime minister of youth and sport who melted all the youth girls' heart. LOL!

FRIENDSHIP
I was late when I arrived and the introduction session of the program had been held. I got a very kindhearted roommate, Lea! She left an introduction paper of herself in my bed, so sweet!
I also firstly met with two other representatives from Indonesia, namely Ramdan and Agus, followed by the Bali Boy - Nara, Putri from Semarang and Rilla. I was also felt truly blessed to meet my Kipas Team (Linh - Vietnam, Shaheera and Hakim - Malaysia, Khun - Phnom Penh, Farhan - Brunei, Rachel - Singapore, Eyes -Thailand, Lee Khammai - Laos, and  Myanmar). One thing that I will never forget, so there is a rule that women can't enter men's room and vice versa. However, we smuggled in the middle of the night, together, into Rachel and Linh's room to eat McD 'til full but there was still a piece of chicken left! We tried to offer it into each other with cheap price, but no one wanted to buy! It ended to be eaten freely by us! lol. There was also lots of memories with my Kipas team and others too.
My beloved Kipas Team (Left ro Right)
Hakim, Khun, Lee, Rachel, Farhan, Me, Linh, Eyes, Shaheera.

Smuggling moment in Rachel and Linh's room! xD


Tryna design our Smart Quezon City, Manila. Hehe


MATERIALS
I learnt a lot about ASEAN identity and unity, sustainable city and environment during this program, based on the provided theme in 2018.
As youth, we have power to make a change towards our societies. Youths are full with power and passion becomes their fuel to move, to make a change! However, we have to gain people who we'd like to engage and we need tools to engage. Besides, engagement needs commitment and time. So, whatever efforts and changes we tryna make, we must still believe in it and do continuously of what we believe in, including making a sustainable city.
Since we're talking about sustainable city, it means that public engagement that we need to approach. The fundamental of commitment means to translate the needs to convince. Commitment begins with shared goals about the future. And we predict the future by understanding human nature. It can be built through increasing our empathy by looking the social problems. So, basically, it can be concluded like this:
Social problems - empathy (need to be solved) - engage - start to change - do it continuously ( need commitment & time).

Some of the Materials I learnt. lol

Secondly, I received a seminar about Sustainable City Plan and Development from Industry Perspective. This materials made me rewind the subjects I learnt in one of my accounting class, about corporate social responsibility or usually being shortened as CSR. Industry must look up to 3 keypoints in order to run their business, 3P stands for People, Planet and Profit. They can't neglect one aspect. Thus, in order to achieve the goals of sustainable city, industry must make direction investment on it as well as economic sustainability. Furthermore, Some research found that company which report their sustainable increases their financial performance, risk profile and cost of capital cause our present consumers and inventors are willing to pay more for sustainable goods.

During seminar moments. Taking notes and serious faces!

Back to sustainable city: We need sustainable city because if a city is sustain, there is no poverty in it, and there are less societal problems. So, the type of engagement in industry is through communication (work together) and sharing data with industry. Creativity is also needed in order to face the brief change that commonly happen nowadays. Our city and environment must be sustain for our future generation.

One of the sustainable building in Malaysia.
From Above

Of course, we already see many facts that our beloved earth is in danger, like the increasing of sea level and carbon pollution, less ice in north pole, and et cetera. Global warming has already been happen and we can't stop it, to be honest. However,  all we need to do is to minimize it. We can adopt solar cell, made own panel in the house to flow the electricity, it can't be a hundred percent solution, but at least we can try it. Not only sustainable but our city becomes a smart one too! hehe. It is develop in cozy way and surely give benefits to people and for us! We truly can start to save our world and make our sustainable life, a simpler one like decreasing the use of plastic bottles, throw the trash can to its place, and bring our own aluminium straw. Besides, there is still many social issues in the city that must be considered, a friendly city for disabled people. Those facts and advice, hopefully, can trigger everyone to be a problem solver in that cases. Smart people for Smart and Sustainable City!


CYAL 2019 IS HERE!!!!
Anyway, The 2019 application of CYAL has been opened gusy. Don't miss it by apply through this link http://uctc.ukm.my/cyal/.

You can read the whole story from one of my amazing friend's blog. His name is Afi, from Banda Aceh. He has explained about what we learnt clearly! You can access it by click here.
I photograph the memories in my IG account, some highlights with my other ASEAN fellas. Don't mind to check it by clicking this purple button to access my IG.

SOME GLIMPSE OF CYAL

Post cultural performance with my cool fellas!


In Putrajaya Mosque. Indonesian and Malaysian Girls!
Architecture of Putrajaya Mosque from the outside

The exquisite garden

Mesmerizing interior!!!!


Cycling time..

After cycling with whole committee, lecturers of UKM and participants of CYAL 2018.

in UEM, after learning about the smart city management.
Looking at the compost from garbage. Mix feelings between
curious and amazed!


With  Director of UCTC-UKM (left) and CEO of CIMB Foundation (right)


ASEAN Youths! After the closing ceremony.

No comments:

Post a Comment